Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Self evaluation

It really is amazing how much information is on the net when I start to dig. As I find some good sources and take the time to read, I am starting to think about aspects of my teaching in new ways or at least get reminded of some ideas I havehad in the past that I had forgotten/put aside temporarily. Dina's post, "My Report Card" is one such item. Though the report card may look different for me, I feel that taking the time to reflect and making the further effort to write my thoughts down, knowing that they were going to be read by someone else, would tend to result in some sort of positive action. Reading her list also got me thinking about how much time teachers spend outside of the classroom, beyond the regular day, thinking about and developing their craft. How much of their summer? Hmmm.

No comments: